Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Now (hopefully) Back to Regular Blogging

Hi All!
This summer has gone by in a flash! Old Home Week starts tomorrow here on the island which here means that summer is pretty much over. There is an old folk lore that states that the wind always changes to come from the North during the Gold Cup and Saucer Races, to help push the horses on. All I know is that today feels like fall. There is a nip in the air.

So lets see, my summer... Well I worked a whole lot in May and June, then Matt and I headed down to my parents new cottage (literally across the street from the old family one my grandparents bought). It is so nice to be able to see the water and hear the waves at night. It is also a real house. Mom and Dad will probably be selling the place in Colby within the next year or two. They plan on keeping something in the city (apartment or condo) but want to enjoy the perks of my Dad's job and traveling everywhere. Plus visiting Lo/Seb in BC and Matt and I here in Charlottetown.
View from the Deck :)


New Cottage!

I spent a weekend in Halifax to attend Natalie and Dan's Wedding back in July. It was so much fun to see them get married since we all met at UMPI  and were there at the beginning of their relationship. The UMPI crew had a great reunion at the wedding and in our hotel room.  It was so much fun to see everyone and hear all their stories. It sometimes feels like so much has happened since Maine, but then it also seems like no time at all has passed.
Hannah, Erin, Shannon and I getting ready for the reception
The next big thing that happened this summer was that my little sister Laura got Married!  I'll post more pictures on that later but she was such a happy bride and so excited to be starting her life with Sebastien. She had a super day for a wedding (although Dad would say it was a bit too hot). As I type this, she and Seb are now driving across Canada to their new home in Victoria. 
Steve (bestman), Seb, Pascal (groomsman) and of course, Lo 



No comments: