Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy Busy

So I've been super busy lately but feel that I've lost touch with so many people so I've decided to start a new blog (livejournal isn't cutting it for me anymore, there are much more options here) and will hopefully update it at least once a week (at least that's my goal!).
So What's new with me?
  • Just finished week 6 of first placement. I love this elementary school and I also really love teaching grade 1. They are so cute and fun. My supervising teacher is really great, she's been teaching grade 1 for approx. 25 years at this elementary school. I love how this school is super small, in class size and school size. The students and teachers are really great! I guess I've been doing a good job as my supervising teacher is going to a workshop this week that I can't go to, so the principal decided that instead of calling in a sub, I'll just teach for that day and a half (Wed afternoon and all day Thursday). I'm excited to be completely in charge and to have the responsibility. In two weeks I am going to be changing schools. I will spend 7 weeks at the Jr. High teaching grade 9 science. Should be a huge change, but I'm excited.
  • I'm not working right now which is wierd but I really like it. I am at my school from 8am until 4-4:30pm most days. But that time I have to come home and do my journals and type up lesson plans/unit plans and such. Its also really nice to have weekends off to spend with Matt.
  • I'm coaching at the local competitive swim team. We have close to 150 members and I'm coaching some of the brand new swimmers. I have two groups, Wednesdays from 4-5pm and Fridays from 5-6pm. Since most of my swimmers are 6-7 years old, I'm in the pool with them for the hour. I really missed being involved with the swimming community, so being able to do this, two hours a week is fun.
  • I'm becoming even more domestic. Matt and I have a super nice apartment which we moved into last April. I got lazy over the summer with working such odd retail shifts (over supper and on weekends and such) that I developed some bad habits. But I'm now able to get over that and have a routine with cooking and cleaning. I love to cook and cooking things from scratch and having leftovers for lunch is so nice.
    Drops Mittens with Star Pattern - Top
  • I've been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting at night while watching tv. I can't sit still so it's nice for me to have something to do. I made a wicked pair of mittens (see above) and am in the middle of making myself a cute tunic/dress.
  • I'm cooking my very first turkey at the moment... the apartment smells so good.

No comments: