Monday, January 16, 2012

Where did my motivation go?

It's January which means it is a slow time of year for subbing. I should be cleaning and finding the few last touches to make our place a home and doing my online course, instead I have no motivation and have been doing next to nothing.

Growing up I was always on the go. Between school and swimming and music and babysitting I always had things to do, yet always managed to get everything done and have time to hand out with my friends. In University, I worked TWO jobs (YMCA and Roots), and even was the Aquatic director for a year, while doing a science degree with a zillion labs. How did I ever manage to do it?

When I work, I'm only there during school hours of 8 to 3. I do have Swim team four days a week (4-6pm M & F, 4-6:30pm W and 8:30-10am Sat). And yes I do organize everything for our miniphin program so I do spend time doing swim team stuff away from the pool. I play in the Holland College Band on Tuesday nights but that is only 7-9pm. Why do I have no motivation to do anything? Whether it is cleaning the apartment or doing my online French course, I find it so hard to convince myself to do the work. Part of the issue with the online course is that there are no real deadlines.... I have to finish everything in 1 calendar year, but as long as I do that, then I'm good.

Here I am on a day that I don't work. Sitting on the coach. I did do a bit of swim team work and then played around with an online room design app (which confirmed what I already knew about our computer room, that one desk and a futon would work well space wise).
I need to find my motivation! The kitchen is a mess. The bathroom should be cleaned. I should vacuum. I have course work to do. Yet I have much music on, thinking about reading my book and realizing that if I want to swim a workout before I coach, then I should make some lunch soon.

No comments: