Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking back on 2011

Christmas Snow!

I've been thinking about the past year and realized how lucky we are. 2011 was an amazing year for Matt and I, and our families!. Here's a quick look back....

January: I was fortunate to have a fair about of subbing and several swim meets to coach at.
February: I had the pleasure of subbing during a school field trip. We went on a Sleigh Ride, went tobogganing and got to pet the horses.
March: Another busy month! Lots of subbing.
April: We moved into our lovely duplex! I really love living here, although we still haven't finished decorating... we're getting close though! We got new couches and curtains as well.
May: Things continued to be busy with PEI Swimming Provincials, then I went to Wolfville with a bunch of swimmers to the NS Jr Provincial Champs.
June: I completed my Learning Facilitator Training by co-facilitating a Swimming 101 course in NS. This also meant I got to go home to Halifax for a weekend and managed to squeeze in a lovely Pot-luck at Lindsay's!



July: Started with Mom and Dad coming up to PEI to spend Canada Day (and Mom's Birthday) with us on the island. Our weather wasn't the greatest, but I did manage to spend a few days at the beach. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Prince William and Kate) came to the island. I ended up getting a bunch of great pictures of them when they were in town.
August: Laura and Sebastien came home for a visit ... at the same time Kathy and Jody and Heather and Stuart were here. It was great to see everyone. It was also when we found out that Laura was pregnant!
September: Everything started up quickly. Lots of subbing. Band started. Swim team started. I took a more active role in overseeing the Miniphin program with the Swim team - designing all the practices for the fall. I also finished all my paperwork so I could take a french course online to help raise my french level. I started teaching Swimming lessons again AND I started to swim and train again.



October: Electronic Arts (EA) bought Bight Games. This had been in the works for a while but it became official in October. Matt is guaranteed work for 4 years which is very nice. I also got an iPhone!! There was also Thanksgiving and finishing swimming lessons. We girls had a bachelorette for Kylee. Kylee and Jamie had us over for their annual pumpkin carving party which is always a hoot! And of course Halloween, although we did not dress up, but we did have some trick-or-treaters who came to our door.

November: Went by soo quickly! I worked nearly everyday! I continued to swim and coach and band. Matt had several big deadlines so he worked a lot this month which wasn't fun, but at least he had one day off each week, instead of having to work non-stop!



December: More subbing and Swim team. I got to go to Quebec City with 42 swimmers on the team which was a lot of fun.... I didn't like the bus ride home, but that was mostly because I couldn't sleep. We also had our annual "Elf Extravaganza" Swim Meet where all the coaches dressed up as elves which was fun too. Christmas was a good time. Dad came and got me. Laura and Sebastien were home so I got to see her belly-bump. We found out the sex of the baby and threw Laura a Baby Shower. It was a busy but Fun Time.

No comments: