Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I love my family, I really do. But.... I'm getting sick and tired of them ALWAYS going "How are you feeling.... oh I/someone I know found this website about being gluten free"..... I'm the person who has celiac. I'm the person who has to live this. But you know what? For me, it is NOT hard. I don't miss bread. I really don't. I like to cook. It is easy to cook "traditional" meals with veggies and some sort of meat. They are naturally gluten-free and taste so yummy and tend to have leftovers. Its not like our meals are boring. I make spanish rice, chilli, Roast Beef (and stew from the leftovers), I've learned how to make gravy without flour. Stir fry's are good as long as I use a gluten-free Soya Sauce. I've finally found a good gluten-free pizza crust. Taco's are gluten free (as long as I use the hard shell kind). My food is healthy and natural. I love fruits and veggies. I'm making smoothies. I'm not starving like my Mom seems to think. I'm feeling good as long as I read the labels. I'm not wasting away... if anything I'm gaining weight since I LOVE food so much.