Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lazy Saturday

So today is Saturday, January 2, 2010, a palindrome if you write it this way 01/01/2010 (same backwards and forwards!)
Matt and I had a lazy day, although it did not start that nicely for me. See Matt is a night owl and loves to sleep in, so since he has been on vacation, he has gotten into the bad habit of staying up way too late and sleeping most of the day away. Since vacation is almost over (boo!) he decided to start setting his alarm for earlier times to get him into the habit of getting up before noon (good idea for work, right?). So this morning as I've decided to go back to sleep since I'm battling a cold, his alarm goes off at 10am and keeps going off for a long, long time. Of course then I couldn't get back to sleep and he is dead to the world. Go figure. At noon I finally went to get him up and moving as we had a few errands that we wanted to do today. Nothing really big or serious. I wanted to go to the Mall to pick up a few things and he needed to exchange a video game from ps3 to xbox and we needed to go get a few things at the grocery store.
After that we came back and I watched some of the Torchwood/Dr Who marathon on Space and made some hodgepodge Chilli - I stuffed it full of al kinds of veggies and ground beed and beans and such. It was so good for supper. Plus there are lots of leftovers. So now we have beef stew leftovers and chilli leftovers for this coming week. I love leftovers for supper during the week... just heat up and go! My weeknights tend to be quite busy with swimteam and such that not having to worry about what to make or being able to make it quickly is certainly a plus. Also with all my food issues, knowing for sure what is in my supper is also good to know.
I had some pictures to post but I'm being lazy and don't want to go into the next room to get my camera cable, so they will be posted later.
Hope everyone is nice and bundles up at home. It is only really windy here but there is the chance of snow/rain/ice..... seriously I enjoy the weather way too much! :P

No comments: