Thursday, August 27, 2009

Antsy

I am getting so Antsy.... Fall is in the air. I read on facebook about teacher going back to work and setting up their classrooms and planning while I'm sitting at home, bored and in limbo.
I know our schools do not go back until September 8th and know that logically there will be hiring done next week but I want there to be a lot more postings and to be actively applying to things. At the moment there are only three jobs out there.... THREE! one way up in Souris. Two others that are part time. One is a literacy teacher and the other is a music teacher. I will apply for the literacy one as it is better than nothing, but I really don't have the experience for it. I could try for the music one but I would be scared shitless if I ever got an interview much less the job. I love music. I love playing I love learning about it. But teaching it? I could teach the basics but the singing part scares me. I love to sing when I am alone... but really to this day I hate singing in front of others. That was always Laura's thing. I will belt out a tune in the car but Matt's there I wont. I trust him with everything.... yet I wont sing in front of him.. how could I teach music with being scared to sing?

I've been forcing myself to stay home as much as possible lately. I don't have really any money to spare right now and going out tends to mean spending money. I did go out a few days ago... just went up to the mall on my way to leisure world to buy some yarn for a knitting project, and ended up buying a few things. I got a few cute shirts and a really cute plaid purse. I've been looking for over a year for a nice big plaid purse so that made me happy. I also got this amazing orange Calvin Klein wrap dress. It was at winners since early spring for 60 bucks but I got it for 11. I LOVE it. Its got a retro feel and will be amazing to wear to work.
I've started two new knitting projects. One, is a cute tube top and the other is a flutter sleeve top. I really like both patterns so hopefully I'll be able to knit them. I've also gone through 1/2 of season 3, all of season 4 and half of season 5 of Angel.
I hopefully will start getting ei soon... one of my ROE was late getting to them but hopefully after 5 phone calls I've gotten it all sorted out. The woman today seemed like she was getting it all set up so hopefully I will have money soon. I'd really like a job better though. Teaching is definitely what I love to do. People keep saying "oh you're so busy the first year of teaching" but I enjoy it so much and am so frigging organized all the time that I don't really see that being an issue for me. Again depends on what I teach of course.
I also can't wait to either get a house or fix up this apartment. We have a clause in our lease about hanging pictures and things (it is a heritage property after all) and we are on the third floor with a tight little staircase. I really want more seating in our living room and want to put things on the walls but as we are starting to talk super seriously about getting a house the last thing I want to do is put things up only to have to take them down right away. I have all these grand plans of what I want to do to decorate. types of furniture (as we only have a love seat and ottoman atm) colours. etc. I want it to be modern but colourful. Nice but contemporary. Homey and cozy but fun! I can't wait... if something would come on the market that we like. And can afford. Seriously. Most of hte places downtown are either HUGE or are condos. and In Charlottetown when condos are more expensive than waterfront houses, you know there is something wrong! We don't see ourselves in a condo.... we want a house with a driveway to park our car. A backyard with a patio and bbq and chairs. A washer and dryer! A clothesline! *sigh* Someday. Hopefully soon.

No comments: