Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Almost the new year!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holidays. I know I did.
It was not the most relaxing vacation, as every time I go home I want to see everyone, but it was a fun holiday filled with lots of wonderful friends, family and of course FOOD! :P I cannot get over how generous everyone is and how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life.
My holiday started out kinda stressful, with me someone hitting my car while I was at a stop sign....and on my last day of student teaching at that! I was sitting at a stop sign waiting to turn left when a car coming from my right came and went to turn onto the street I was on.... only he cut the corner too narrow and ended up hitting the front passenger side of my car. I am fine but my car is still being fixed... It needs a new bumper, splash guard and the piece that holds the radiator in place is all cracked so that needs to be fixed/replaced. I have a rental car so I can at least get around, but it doesn't have winter tires. Hopefully my car will be fixed soon!
Matt and I headed home to Halifax on Sunday Dec 21. It is always so nice to return to Halifax but the longer its been since we lived there, the stranger it feels. It is but at the same time, it is not home. Also when we both go to Halifax, Matt stays with his parents and I stay with mine.... its just hard when you are so used to living with someone and then you aren't for a week, yet you still see them. So we left on Sunday because of the wind and ice storm that night. Monday we had no power for most of the day (although Matt and I sent text messages back and forth!) then Monday night was mini-christmas at Heather's. It was so nice to see everyone!!! I felt bad that it was the only time I saw everyone, but we were only home for a week and were trying to see so many people! Tuesday we did some christmas shopping and errands (mostly for my mom) then that night Matt and I FINALLY went to see Twilight. I thought it was really well done. I did not have high hopes for it, but I was impressed. They did change it from the book, and leave a few things out, but for the most part it was well done. Wednesday (christmas eve) power was out again! Then we did out family things by going to Matt's Nan's and then to my parents. Christmas was a lot of fun and we were spoiled! Christmas dinner was at my parents and we had 15 people for dinner! There was TONS of delicious food. On Boxing day we went to supper at Big Leagues with some old jr high and high school friends and hung out at one of their places... well Matt only came for supper, then he went to another friend's place. I of course did some boxing day shopping on dec 27. I did not get a whole lot, but I did get some new work shirts which was nice. That night we headed down to Luke's to visit with some more friends. Then we came home on Sunday.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday like we did.
Tonight is new years eve. 2009 is going to be a huge year for us. I'm finally done school and will be working as a teacher. I'll be finally be making money!! Then Matt and I plan to buy a house this year which is so exciting. WE are going to go to Florida in April for my cousin's wedding (which will be so much fun as Matt has NEVER been to Disney!). Plus all my family will be there which is always fun. Then in the summer all of my England family are planning on coming to NS so I'll get to visit and seem them twice in one year! Who knows what else will happen!
I don't really have any new years resolutions, except to stay happy and healthy. I want to continue to eat better and cook (from scratch!) more meals. I want to continue to drink more water. I want to continue to work out by going to adult swim team and by going to the gym. I want to do what I love and be happy and I hope that this is true for everyone!!

1 comment:

Unicorn_Power said...

Yay Kimmy! I'm glad you're so happy! :)